Sunday 21 October 2012

Coward Of The County

Women bah', what do you know about them.  They can't make up their minds about anything from clothes, to rings, to watches, to jewellery to men.  Neither can I actually, all my life I have been pretty staid in my approach, flamboyant when I was young but dull life after that.  Met this friend of mine a few years back, from the country of love and romance, wine and croissants, and a lot of other things I can't even think of, and she brightened up my life.  She was, did I say was, is a beauty.  I know women from far nowadays, actually not much into women watching, more into birds of the feathered kinds.  My life has more work of creation though I still love the moves you make.  I write, play some, hear a lot of music and yes love to drive thats where all my thinking happens.

Peace,  I have known you well enough to know other women, I know for instance you are blessed soul anywhere you walk in, love the way you talk and walk into places, the thought of you shouting at the bartender still gives me goose pimples.    Your morals maam have been impeccable, I love you what you have taught me, never to cower down under pressure, to fight my way through situations, to make my own environment.

I remember the time when I walked into the bar that night and you were surrounded by men, all bawdy and rowdy, remember the anger that ignited in me when I saw them trying to touch you.  It surged hard enough in me to punch all of them to the ground.  Still remember locking the door of the bar behind me before I stepped in for a fight.  I had never felt this anger rise in me for a women, had kept quiet a million of times, but that night I will never forget and neither will they.  Their thoughts hurt me bad that night, I knew you were hurt.  I knew from the instant I stepped in  there were three of them, and I was going to clobber them.  I just remembered the old mans thought from the train when he had told me that "son, when you know you have got a good thing, fight for it, crawl, beg" and went after them.  I might have been a coward all my life, but I knew that night when I fought for you, I got you back.

Its never easy living your life under a shadow son, but when you fought that night, I knew my job was done.  It ain't easy living under somebodies shadow, but when you meet that someone special, you will know, you lived all your life living for yourself and your people.  What have you got son, what have you achieved ?  Fight you must for her, cause if she is in trouble than so are you.  Remember my words, never cower and never back down from a confrontation for her.  She is all you have got today, the only person who still brings you alive.
Two hearts living ...ummm ....ummmm ....ummmm .... ummmm ... in the same world

0 comments:

Post a Comment