Friday 19 October 2012

Every shoe has a tale

There was a time, and I am reliving them now, I would climb into a running bus and climb down from it while it was still going at 10kmph.  Those Delhi univ special days still give me goose bumps.  Do you remember, those days there was no AC to look forward to in travel.  There was only a bubble of joy of visiting my friends, and those bread pakoras and samosa with coke and pepsi.  I was in my formals the other day, and did the same, was travelling in one of those swank looking rajdhani's in my formals all to the boot with a tie.  I had a laptop in one hand and my luggage bag in the other.  Got down from the train running, actually just took the lead of one of the guys who could and looked a sport athlete.  The New Delhi railway station if you approach it from the the Chandigarh side has a place soon as the station begins, where there are escalators to take you up.  Ofcourse, I got down right after the train crossed the escalators, my shoes made a thudding sound, and man, the train was moving fast, it took me ten steps to stop myself and I nearly tripped on the 4th or the 6th, there must have been a cobblestone sticking out on the otherwise slick platform, stopped myself, and turned and rode the escalator out.

My shoes are leather and they are formals that can be easily slipped into and out.  It was crazy, when I think about that, i am 40 nows, not the age people say I should be jumping in and out of trains, oh but the thrill one gets is truly  unimaginable.  Wasn't there an Iraqi journalist who clobbered George Bush with his shoe, he probably didn't love his shoe at all, most of us just love our shoes.  So if you don't love your shoe you just go to the shoe shop and exchange it for a nice new one, you don't wait for the president elect of the most strong nation in the country to come to give it to in the most uncourteous way.  I am sure if he had given George Bush both his shoes, the shoes would be memoralized in the United States Goverments National Museum, instead not only did he lose a shoe but George Bush couldn't use it.  Not that the size would fit George.  I am sure he has large feet.

Speaking of feet, I have this lonely feeling in my feet again, I must walk, and actually I much prefer to dance.  The Boss is never wrong, and he invited me to a party at his house,  and bosses wife can never go wrong with her parties.  At their farmhouse they have parakeets and I just love them.  I just love the cocktails they serve and the shorties have a very spicy flavour to them.  Speaking of food, it always is a dense thought because more than half the world is starving.  There are shortages everywhere as a visit to Africa would tell anyone.  Friend of mine, who I don't speak to too much nowadays, was in Africa and he had a tale to tell.  Shortages of food, and wars over measly meals and water are rampant.  There is no justification for doing this to a continent that has served as inspiration to host of explorers, but it is so.
I am growing big mama, I wear size 11 now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment