Tuesday 23 October 2012

Its a Beauty

Working for a software development firm is never easy, many a sips before the cup reaches the mouth.  I have seen developers slogging over the computer, writing or rather typing and typing what appears cryptic to the ordinary bystander.  After all, what would an "*" or a "(" or a "#" mean to somebody who is used to ordinary texting, so if I was to type #23412 it would give me something on the screen, how is that possible, these geeks must be really nerdy, the dark screen brings up something with no pictures on it, and these guys love this screen.  How is it possible that when I press this ordinary looking button all hell breaks lose.  Just a program baby nothing else to it.

Programming is a grossly over rated, glamorous task, its boring dull and very routine.  Once you know what to do with it, its easy and very intuitive.  Just the other day I wrote a program, was it two weeks back, to enable/disable the USB ports on my laptop.  See the point is, I love my laptop and it loves me back, so when it tells me that I don't like this USB device disabling and enabling my port, I just wrote a program to solve the problem, fetch the code, hook on to the device manager, and make sure the power is never off from the USB port.  Easy and works like a beauty.

There is the women I know, she is really of Chinese ascent, she writes these beautifully immaculate programs, somebody who takes joy in the beauty created by her hands.  Its tremendously lovely to see her at work, almost like creating a work of art.  She loves her job, been trying to convince her to move into sales, see I have been in sales for about 3 years and loving it now.  I know she would love it too, there is nothing that beats trying to sell what one has created.
We are just sales people, we have to talk.

0 comments:

Post a Comment