Tuesday 16 October 2012

Something called Love

Met this gambler on a train to nowhere, had a pack of cards on him and bottle of whiskey, now that's my favourite drink mister and I knew I wasn't the only one who was saying that.  I looked at his face, he had lines that told a tale, the crinkles around his chin knew they were there because of the cigar he smoked and what lay in his heart I was about to get to know.  We played a hand of teen Patti, as usual me losing most of the times except for the few times that he let me win and the lesson he gave me on that journey will remain with me for the rest of my life.

As he finished his second glass of whiskey he started speaking of his love, the beauty of his life.  He had tears in his eyes as he spoke of them, then he looked at me and "son, I have done things in my life that I know no one will do, but looking at your face I know that I have found the young one I am looking for to complete my job. "  You need passion and love to keep you going buddy, from one lover to another, I have cheated my way to be where I am.  If I could do it so can you buddy.  Women they are dime and dozen, look for the one who shares your heart, your soul mate, buddy don't even think twice about compromising your principles to reach the pinnacle of love.  There lies the success to life, money and glory will all be yours, just listen to me buddy.  Are you listening at all, call now buddy, ask for her forgiveness, crawl if need be, you need this in your life don't you ?

And when he finished speaking, his hand went limp, as he kept the glass on the table and closed his eyes.  When he didn't speak for a while, I knew there was something wrong, I quickly tried to wake him up, but the only sign of life was the crushed out cigarette between his fingers.  It was all over for me son, the day I lost her, have lived with a broken heart for years now and now I am going.
Is your love really big enough for whats to come 

0 comments:

Post a Comment