Monday 15 October 2012

Stranger than fiction

Friend of mine from a long time ago, met up after a long while, they say there ain't nothing like meeting someone after a long time, its like a trip down memory lane with the good ones just waiting to sprout wings.  Any hows, it was way too interesting a meeting to forget.  We both had matured so incredibly, I had since then moved on to things that gave me pleasure, started to explore my artistic side, maybe it was my heartbreak that caused it and yes there ain't no maybes there, it was my heartbreak that caused me to truly appreciate life much more than ever before and this friend of mine well, just another success story, moved from place to place to dollars and multi million dollars.  We sat together in front of each other waiting in a coffee shop and talked or rather I didn't.  It was one way street and I was pretty comfortable with that, like am mostly.  Staying low and anonymous is my speciality and I just love to listen, in this case, of course, I was left with no choice.

My memories of the last I met this girl are pretty clear, I met her in London, I was just out of school into my first job, taking my first vacation on my own.  Here she was, my college buddy of the same batch who had landed a plush assignment with an MNC with all the confidence of a brash young puppie.  What struck me as unusual was that she always seemed to want to put me down in college, hated the fact that I would always come up with a wisecrack, was an athlete par excellence and in general a pretty good all rounder.  Ever been around people who you shouldn't be around, that is the feeling I got with her.  I wasn't the doormat that she wanted me to be, and till date and we had been out of college for 6 months, nothing had changed.  Neither her attitude to me nor the way she treated me.  What had changed was the way I had come to terms with my memories of her.  Maybe I had just grown older rather quickly or just maybe I suddenly realised that there was more to life than just holding grudges against people you had no hopes that they would understand you.  Life was just a bundle of explicit confusions for me, and she was just going ahead and treating me like another of his sideys.

Maybe, it was mistake to be sitting in this coffee shop after all, I could have just stopped it before this friend of mine went too far with the derogatory doormat routine.  Its strange that I still went through with the routine, without changing anything, do you think she derived some satisfaction from the fact that I was still the same old guy she knew me in college and could do with me what she pleased.  Just a thought ..
I am just the wild one, leave me alone !

0 comments:

Post a Comment