Thursday 25 October 2012

The Seeker

Brothers and Sisters, there is a desire me to perform right now, I have this feeling that I have just peaked without any others involved in reaching the pinnacle.  That itself is a great feel, not that peaking with a team is not great either, however to be able to do it on your own is just a fantastic feeling.  I am in the middle of this meeting and my mind is drifting away to the past, when I worked for another company in another time.  Times were different then, talking to woman or getting friendly with her was construed  as or might have been construed as harassment.  Those era's when you got stared at if you associated with a woman or did anything so called unusual like holding hands or a casual arm around the waist.

Even then I had this wild streak in me, smoking and drinking, god knows what all, and of course I was a part of a rock band, or let me put this way that she was responsible for me joining up with a group of people who were free spirited, wild and carefree.  Probably just about the time the Bonny M and Abba landed in India with their brand of music, we of course paid little regard to that, were more bothered with the Santana's and Clapton's and it was gorgeous as days would go by with guitar in hand and moving to the rhythm of "The Black Magic Woman".  Brother, I was particularly in love with "Layla", and got to sing it at every opportunity.  These were the days of magic when every thing we sang to, we lived it up, parties and night outs, to boys night outs, it was touche', just what I wanted from my life.

My life has always been constant, we have lived the same free spirited life no matter who or what came by, troubles or happiness hasn't changed it one bit.  The amount of stress I endure now is a tribute to what my songs have prepared me for.  Even the death of loved ones hardly shakes me.  I feel blessed to have lived thus far and in this way, it might get a shade lonely occasionally but that's the way I am and that's the way I want to live.
In Love and Believing that is the only way to Live.


0 comments:

Post a Comment