Sunday 28 October 2012

The Winter Bias

There is this feel in the educated sundry that we are just that, educated and thus far insulated from everything that happens.  Take for instance this season, they expect the cold to be real harsh, I mean how many times must we hear from them, its like saying that the harsh cold has no meaning and that in any case it will very little affect on me.  All that I have to do is wear my warm coat and get a move on, expect the people on the street to take care of themselves.  Harshness of weather brings about a harshness of temperament, however the climate has this quiet sound to it.  But in the background there is a lot of stuff happening, like the winds are getting ready to blow, the sun is thinking about coming out or just going to sleep then there is the water that just freezes and refuses to give in to whatever meagre heat is around the vicinity.  All these factors and host of other activities in the winter account for natures animosity towards us.

The fight is on, mornings to get up and switch the geysers on, and then there are the lights to switch off and fan to seal, the aircons to pack and keep, and I am thinking where does that get me, I am just a humble human being, looking to make a living, winter strikes me as nothing new, what difference will it make if I go ahead and do all these things or just lie down and not get up for eternity.  This cold,who cares where it comes from as long as it goes aways once it comes, a warm blanket, do you suppose the blanket has bristles that will hurt me and actually what hurts me more is the heat trapped within the blanket, can't it at least come out and warm me up.  Man, this sucks.
Open up your heart, its just the life we live in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment