Saturday 13 October 2012

Whats Love got to do with it

As I walked down the Piccadilly street, the only thought in my mind was, I must and must find someone.  Wasn't sure who that someone was, but I had this urge in my feet and my heart was on fire, I needed this soulful, lonely feeling in my head. That's what had kept me going all the way to London, fate or destiny which ever had brought me this far, was not going to desert me, I would find who I was seeking.  Was it that slick looking Londoner hurrying down the street, in her skirt and high heel knee length boots, jackets covering her top and gloves for her hands, or was I just looking for a smile, something that would light up my heart in these dull winter days.

I realise that out of all the women I have met it has to be the smile that brightens up my morning, evening or day.  Women have this habit of opening their eyes real wide when they smile, and I could fall for that combination any day.  So why was I looking for that smile on a blonde today, wouldn't a brunette do or maybe a redhead, there are no shortage of choices here, auburn wouldn't be too bad,  all varieties of eye color too, from brown to blue eyed Jane's.  This was nothing short of a miracle when I found her.  There she stood by a lamp post talking on the phone and as I walked by she glanced at me for a second and then a bit longer.  I knew I was being checked out, and continued to stare straight ahead, though I slowed down just a shade.  Was I at 2 km/hr or was it a shade slower, think her lipstick color confused matters for my already muddled up brain.  A dull shade of mauve and she looked great with her hands trying to move her hair away from her bright eyes.  Finally met up with the lady, real cool, and I dare presume that a pretty sight.  It was late evening like I had said earlier, I figured it was pertinent to walk her to a coffee shop, and there are like a dime a dozens of them, all selling their wares that include the brownie and other such things.  I always liked croissants but only for a certain time of the day, and served with coffee they make a fine meal.  Later on there was that walk to her apartment which was close by, and I left her there, as the feeling in my head subsided.
Touche' .. its late, did you lose your way today ?

0 comments:

Post a Comment