Thursday 18 October 2012

Why don't you Put a Ring on It

A friend of mine from Mumbai, met with an accident, and voila the whole world was around him cajoling and pampering him, truly believing that he was going to need all the help he needed to get back on his feet.  He is a very much a stand-alone, stand tall guy, takes all that you give him, goes back thinks and then gets back to whoever needs to be told something.  He has lived a lonely life and it has been days he has taken to recuperate, but once he makes up his mind, there is no stopping him.  People believe he needs help, he believes there is no help that needs to be worked out him, and whole world just stopped for a while at that.  His uncles, who are in love with him, want him, and yet this man refuses everything that comes his way.

I believe he had this accident, because, he wanted to, today he is a self made man, everything that happens to him is his own creation.  Good or Bad exists within me, I have truly believed that for a long time.  So where does he go from here ?  He doesn't have a ring on his finger today, he is a free man.  Tomorrow if he was to die, I would be the only person at his funeral.  Yet he is a free man, in love with his life, and this world that he creates for himself.  God, he is lucky today.  An oft asked question, what has he done, he has just learnt to live for himself, fishes when he wants to, goes for walks and drives when he wants to, wouldn't want to leave my city even if the clarion calls and bells asked me to.  This world is mine, there is no sea around here, but I have all that I want here, from women to bars to discotheques.  God, I love this today and I know that it will drag on from here to oblivion.
Infinity is another name for Golden Dragon, yeah yeah that restaurant you saw the other day, I own it too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment