Thursday 1 November 2012

Did I put some Tea on the Stove

I am a big admirer of Sir Winston Churchill, there was a time that there was an anti Churchill movement, and the movement was tempered by the so called orthodox nationalist who believed that we must criticise everything British, Amongst the points put against him included, he was an abuser of alcohol and died of syphilis.  All this though refuted logical 'read the "Their Finest Hour", it still begs to be seen when the Indians are going to accept him for what he was.  Most of his legends are based over the ocean, since those days Brittany was the queen of the sea, as its warships and submarines and mariners soared to their highest glories, he continued to write and wrote some really superb articles that elucidated his thoughts to the fullest.

Here was one of his best pieces, called "I d drink Poison"

Lady Astor : If I married you I d put poison in your coffee.
Reply         : If I was married to you I d drink it.

Quick witted and a master strategist, he had a reply to everything that was thrown at him. When he became the prime minister in 1940, the famous speech that he gave in the house of commons is still legendary.  "Blood, Toil, Tears and Sweat reverberates to the hearts of many even today.  "Never Surrender" another one of his classics, I could go on and on about the man, he was a gem and a patriot.
Of Men and Brave hearts

0 comments:

Post a Comment