Friday 23 November 2012

The Perfect Tense

Seen some Sunrises and then some, can't believe what is happening nowadays, if I am to agree to some thought processes, they would tend to push me towards an independent free thought, benign of any malice and freer than any man in the US of A,  after all, this free man just got a bit more independent.  Picked up this book the other day that challenges all our thoughts and motives behind an action.  It says here " We tend to believe in even the most mundanely dishonest theory if it falls into our routine paradigm".

Interesting thought, take for instance, a "Breakfast at Tiffanys' as an example.  A woman is totally addicted to being a party animal with all the essence of sex and intrigue pooled in, and that's how she is, till you got private with her and then she is this nervous, sweet and lovely woman.  How many of us fall into that paradigm that Holly so profoundly elucidates, she is the mistress of ceremonies for many and the perfect women for me, coz I know her to be so.

So if I met Holly on the streets one fine night and she was having a pastry at the local grocers I would be shocked, bewildered and aghast because she is the epitome of nightly sophistication to me.  On the the the other hand if I met her in a pub or a bar with a young 'un sipping on a dry martini it would all fall into place for me, it wouldn't matter that I met her on a Thursday night with a working tomorrow yet to come.  I would know that she would make it to office at 9am no matter the consequence of 3am night out.

Walked into a restaurant with a friend the other day and it was fabulous, because the air smelled just right, the morning had a bright sun and no smoke, the cloudless sky presented options to me this winter morning and I took full advantage of it, bringing with me to the cafe, my thoughts and ideas as I placed an order with the young man at the counter.  Was there for full two hours, entertained and regaled a strangely quiet motley with my phone calls and very attentive friend who took in every word that I said.
Like I say, I know not your past, I just love you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment