Monday 29 October 2012

Open Your Heart

Friend of mine from across town has been staying in a rented accomodation for far too long, his longing to own a house of his own far precedes his desire to own a Mercedes Benz.  Given an opportunity he would jump at the opportunity to buy a house, it amazes me how this desire far outreaches anything we have want to do in life.  Own a house, decorate it, furnish it, with kids and wife playing around the feel of life running through my own property, it is really a lifelong investment.  Inviting friends would be so much easier if that happened, so would the very thought of spending say diwali in the cool confines or if it is cold in the heated confines of my own house.

I love the house, it gives me great pleasure and the ability to hang around at my own residence is simply amazing.  Diwali is a time when it all comes together and there is a lively festivity around, the streets buzz with music and there are the street food vendors who throng everywhere you head.  The sound is so pleasant, it perculates through the core of ones being, the kids out on the streets speaking the language of love, the parents enjoying their parties and hey lets not forget those saviours who give up their family life during these times, the cops and the armed forces guys who are extra alert during these times.

Remember that Diwali that turned havoc for everyone, it was the nightmare the soughts never seen before.  I was walking the streets of Karol Bagh with my wife and bang came the first explosion followed by the second one, had to scamper for our lives, just managed to run out of the vicinity before it became a disaster zone.  There cops everywhere, even the military had been called out for the protections.  No matter how hard one trusts the cops they are always doubts about who they are protecting, us or themselves.  Its always them first, the military on the other hand is much safer and gives for more reliability.  I was bundled into a military truck to climb the roads to safer havens as the explosions got out of hand.  It is no small feat that I escaped alive.

Then there are these days and there are those day, when my moods become unbearable for everybody, I am not your regular happy go lucky guy or maybe I am, but get those moods more than anyone else.  I am father today and my mother and myself, if that makes any sense to anyone, this game play is what we look forward to every night, trying to figure out who would be the first one to pop back into the enemies hand and then some.
Do You Remember Me, I slept with the enemy .... while you were watching TV

0 comments:

Post a Comment