Saturday 10 November 2012

Is This Your Reality Today ?

March of 1997 was a monumental month and year in my life, I guess its a wonder that I am going back beyond 2001 at all, however till 1997, I was a slave, slave in a world not mine, slave to the capitalist theories and consumerism habits.  Mostly everything we have in life is free, include the food we eat, water we drink and air that we breathe.  This world that I walk in was meant to be mine, not to be owned by some company that failed to spot me amongst the masses it sold Colgate toothpaste to.  I still prefer Neem branches but they stopped selling them here... lol.. :->

In a world of consumerism, products are launched with relatively short shelf life, they are shipped to stores across the country to be distributed to starving wide eyed slave.  From ipods to self help books, everything is for sale, grab one while you can, its on discount right now, you find a better deal later on, or forget about that you might not get this item at all.

When I started on this journey of finding her, there was nobody who was going to help me out, one for instance I was going too rigid in  my opinions in life and two people lie about what they hear when you speak to them.  A casual nod could mean a lot of things from a flirty yes to a nonchalant maybe.  But nobody would help you, they would point you in directions for you to find for yourself, directions which could turn out to be right, I am an optimist after all, so will not refute that 8 times out of 10 people point you in directions that will make you happy. Issue is not with finding happiness it is with defining happiness.

Speaking of right direction, the other day I took the "left" direction and saw her again, the lady I had met that day, the one who ranked me at a lowly first rung compared to her heroes, she was walking with a phone in her hand, gripping it tightly, seemed to be a Nokia and a brand new one.  She was looking great, had mascara in her eyes, a pale blue lipstick, earrings to match and the matching mobile in red.  She looked great, the light was soft illuminated as the sun would be at 5pm on a winter evening, the green foliage accentuated everything about her.  I looked at her and said "Hi", it was like I was talking to a mirror, everything so perfect about her.

Saint Gobain, I believe, does a great job of mirrors that reflect perfection, you could be standing in your dressing room or at the swimming pool and the image it would be give will be distortion less and 100% fidelity.  As you pass mirrors remember to give a quiet wave from the left to the right, if you see your hand move true to the right without a dip in the image or a blurr affecting the movement then it is a true reflect mirror.  And this is the conventional thought as well.

Friend of mine, needs no introduction in the circle I move in, others might have trouble acknowledging his achievements or even recognising him, and I think the world of him, he wrote the following lines in 1997

                        More than that, "Reality Cracking" can be accomplished

                       by anyone with a critical mind. You don't need hours

               of undisturbed time in front of the computer. You can

                   practise your reality cracking skills all day long,

                      everyday of your life! And you should, lest you be taken

                           advantage of unknowingly.


In my world today, nothing happened ..... I think

0 comments:

Post a Comment