Wednesday 7 November 2012

A Deadly Cocktail

Suckers all of them, these folks who believe that the thoughts put in our heads are our own, look out people, we are just living in a world of gross consumerism, a world where only the thought of making money is of any importance, the rest is consigned to the unholy flame of greed.  So who puts these thoughts and why, take for instance, the case of Microsoft Internet Explorer, whoever thought that it would be the worlds de-facto browser in 2012, when I was growing up, Netscape Navigator was the way to go.

As the world saw benefits and profits in the browser industry, the war was on, which browser is better.  According to me, there probably aren't good, better or worse browsers, its only a question of putting two and two together, in my world that's never equals four, however for most folks its just a matter of writing the pros on one side and the cons on the other.  Check for yourself, today I use Firefox and am very happy with it.

So obviously the thought about MSIE being better than the rest has been fed into the brains by the Super Markets and the resellers who want the software to be sold as their margins are larger on it than the other product.  There are other details such as it being part of the OS that I will not go into, however it doesn't require too much of brain to figure this one out, my thoughts exactly, except I needed a cocktail to figure out the next possibility.  By the way the cocktail I am having is one I call     "Reverse my Luck" cocktail, won't or can't be found in the regular bar and pubs, as a matter of fact it is my very own concoction.  Here's how you make it :
                                     -- Orange Juice
                                      --Gin (Gordon Gin, nothing else)
                                        -- Nutmeg (jayphal in Hindi)
                                      -- Honey (my fav.)

Mix everything to measure, I am not going to give out the exact measure, try it out and try it out multiple times to see if you get the perfect "Reverse My Luck".  Well, once I sit with my cocktail, sipping it leisurely, all thoughts move aside except for the thought of me on that bike and riding against the wind with a strong head wind, I have these leather boots on and trouser and jacket to match them, and the bike not a racer but a long distance runner, as any old timer would tell you, the curved handlebars are for running long distances without fatigue.  Think how many times I have surfed on my Firefox with only one thing on my mind, I must find the people who fed me this trash about Microsoft being the best buy in the world.  I nudge myself to the Microsoft site and see the clutter of useless information, know that my machine running Linux hates it.

I would much rather have a custom built Linux Red Hat, will run many a miles non stop and free of charge, with no advertisements or other squalor that goes by the name of sophistication.  I am a "What You See Is All There Is" WYSIATI kind of guy, and as I see my Firefox cruising away at a brisk pace against the mountain of the "World Wide Wait", WWW, I know I am in safe capable hands.  Half a glass of the drink is over and I am left to wonder if my glass of luck is half empty or half full, not that it matters truly, orange juice and gin make a potent combination for my mind to be set in the thinking mode, this is the mode I love, I spend hours doing this and enjoying my drink.
In My World You Just Think .... Just Think

0 comments:

Post a Comment